]]>

« Home | I've Got It!!! » | 2007 ½: My Mid-Year Top Five » | Breaking the Ice »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Updates and Excuses

So here's the deal. Despite my original plans of complete abandonment, the original Projection Booth site will remain operational as a host of reviews, the new Projection Booth as a more free-form blog. Crazy as it may seem, this does make a difference to me. I think reviews tend to read better when compartmentalized, and having them side by side with more blatantly personal thoughts and unformatted writing is downright unbearable to these eyes (don't worry, I'm well aware of my neurosis). As far as the look and feel of the site(s) go, you can consider them to be in a semi-permanent state of construction for the now, seeing as my time for them is extremely limited and what little I have, I'd rather use to focus on content than form.

That being said, I hope to have some new reviews up relatively soon, including one at Slant for Eddie Murphy's (surprisingly okay?!?) Meet Dave. In the meantime, a late happy birthday to two of my best comrades, Keith of the House, and my long-time BFF Tara. Love you both.

Labels:


yay! I miss the old projection booth!

Just play the music, Pied Piper, and we will follow.

BTW, WALL-E is a stunning film, resulting in more than a few bits of dust lodging in the eyes (that's my story, and I'm sticking to it).

Sadly, it appears as if the message did not translate to my neighbors in the audience. After the movie ended, and while I'm trying to soak it all in, a father of two young girls stands and grunts to his wife, "I don't think this is what we wanted."...C'est la vie...

Best of luck in all your endeavors, Rob.

So, when is this update coming? I've been reduced to writing my own thoughts on napkins and then reading them to myself aloud. But its no substitute for your opinions and insights! Surely you've been dying to share your opinions on the 400lb. gorilla in the room, "The Dark Knight".

Well, I'm off to work on a "lesbian-murder mystery-film noir" short film in Philly. If you haven't updated by the time I come back, then I might just have to start sharing my own crazy experiences in a blog. And no one wants that...

Post a Comment

   << Home